Sunday 26 March 2017

BLOG 340


BLOG 340

Happy Mother’s Day and Happy Spring!

           Daffodils

             Hellebores

The clocks have gone forward, the days are lengthening … and the weeds in the garden are starting to flourish! So now my time has to be divided between the delicacy and joy of sewing and solid hard graft of outdoor work. When the weather is fine and sunny that is no problem as I like to be outdoors but this seasonal split in commitments means that my time has suddenly become more precious. I hope I can resist the lure of Spider Solitaire!

After the ‘reverse sewing’ on the Delectable Mountain wall hanging last week, I have sewn it together correctly this time and it has been steam ironed, on the back first to settle the seams and then on the front to get rid of any tucks in the seams. I need to hang it up now so I can see it whenever I am in the room and I can make a decision about what I am going to do with it next.

            Iron on WS

            Iron on RS

            Completed top

The ‘Sharer of the Grandchildren’ is the agent for the Linus quilts in the N Wales area so I have promised another 6 quilts for the cause (I have already made 6 for the Chester region) which will be done over an undefined period of time. I purchased a panel with coloured circles printed on a black background for the first quilt top. I cut them up into individual squares and chose some suitable fabrics to border them. Then I used simple construction methods to produce a striking top. One down, 5 to go!

              Blocks and borders

                 Bordered blocks

              Construction
 



 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
        Completed top

No comments:

Post a Comment