Sunday 13 August 2017

BLOG 358


BLOG 358
This week I have been at the Festival of Quilts for a couple of days, and what a jolly time I had with my friends from the group. This is one of the biggest quilt shows in Europe and it is truly an international event; quilts and quilters come from all over the world. I spent £1 on the first day on a packet of needles but, on the second day, the purse opened and my money haemorrhaged out of it! Our group called The Line Dancers made a quilt called ‘The Arabesque’ seen as no1 below. This quilt, made using a fabric dyed by Heidi Stoll-Webber, was a very different undertaking for us. There was a dearth of rosettes hanging from it but we loved making it. Below is a feast of visual images from the show for you to enjoy and they show the fantastic scope of textile manipulation in whatever form. Enjoy! (The show champion is amongst them, I wonder if you can pick it out!)
Click on images to enlarge
 
 
             01 The Arabesque
            02
          03
          04
            05 Detail
         06
           07
           08
 
 

09 Detail
 
10
              11
           12
            13
               14
                15
            16
           17
           18
               19
                20
            21
              22
             23
           24
           25
            26
            27
            28
            29
              30
            31
            32
             33
               34
             35
            36
              37
           38
             39
             40
                41
             42
            43
             44
 

2 comments:

  1. Carol Davies
    Just love your blog.I was at the festival Sat/ Sun. did not see all the quilts ,who would so you have shown some of the quilts I did not see.
    The hearts and gizzards I gave to my eldest granddaughter for her 18" birthday was with one of the cushions I made with you was followed with the other cushion that was the reverse pattern for her 21st. she was delighted .Very pleased to say she had a 2.1 for her criminolgy degree. Thank you Carol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hiya Carol. Nice to hear from you and glad I supplemented your view of the show. Hearts and Gizzards, now that goes back a bit!!! Grand children are just there for us to love and be proud of. One of mine has made her first quilt, she doesn't stand a chance of avoiding it! Keep visiting my blog. Dilys

    ReplyDelete