Sunday 20 August 2017

BLOG 359

BLOG 359
If I am ever at a loose end when I sit in front of my sewing machine, I continue to make my fabric labels whilst I think of what project I want to tackle next. And yes, there will always be some project or other that I want to try, so this thinking time is invaluable to me. It helps me to sort out my priorities. Some things I need to do, like making another memorabilia box for a wedding in a couple of weeks’ time. Some things I want to do, like making a Welsh quilt but not as it would have been done traditionally. Here’s this week’s progress.
            Sunbonnet Sue
             Hand embroidery on felt
               Love spoon
            Faux chenille
             Machine embroidery
            Cut-out voiles
          Display of labels
As I have said before, I don’t know what I am going to do with said labels or whether they will even see the light of day but they are satisfying some creative need in me so that is all that matters. Some are technique based, others decorative and some relate to my history; it’s whatever I fancy doing at the time.
As far as the wedding memorabilia box is concerned, I asked the couple if there was a colour theme to their wedding and they said Norwich football club colours, canary yellow and bright green! The fabrics I have chosen are somewhat muted in comparison but they echo the chosen theme. I need to get a wriggle on with it too!
            Box kit and fabric
Here is ¼ of the Welsh quilt design in progress. It needs a lot more work before I start and I also need to decide how I am going to tackle it. A soldering iron will figure heavily I think!
 
        
                Welsh quilt design
 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment