Sunday 14 October 2018

BLOG 415

Blog 415
 
I have been sewing at Suzette’s again and I love going because, apart from the excellent company, I am surrounded by such inspiring work. I have learned so much from the others who have years of embroidery knowledge and experience behind them. Here are their works in progress.
 
             Peggy’s butterflies
 
 

            Detail
 
 


            Pat’s waterfowl
 

               Suzette’s composition
 
Being surrounded by embroidery didn’t stop me from felting this week though! I have an order for several pictures with felted houses; these will be Christmas gifts so I needed to get on with them. Once the bags of colours were beside me I was raring to go and I started to mash fibres on my embellishing machine. Instead of trying to make individual squares to a certain size, I decided to try to make one large piece of felt this time and to cut it down into smaller squares. And we are talking small this time. These squares are 2”!! (Note to self: don’t cut the squares to the required size until the houses have been felted. The felting process distorts the square!)


      
            Felting wools
 
 

 
               Needle felting
 
 

              Background squares
 
 

               Basic houses
 
 


            Stitch detail
 

            Second set
 
A third set of 9 is made up of larger 3” squares. This is a work in progress and hopefully I will be able to show them framed next time.



             Third set
 

             Stitch detail
The weather is altering now as we settle into a colourful autumn and the cats certainly know where to find comfort and warmth. Here they are in their usual places beside the log fire doing their barely-synchronised grooming!


            Autumn
 
This week I managed to find a rainbow for my finger. I just love it!


             Rainbow finger
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment