Sunday 7 October 2018

BLOG 414


Blog 414

 It’s been a bit of the ‘same old, same old’ this week for me as I have been trying to get the ‘Shades of Liberty’ quilt top out of the way. Over the past few weeks I have been constructing a two-row strip whenever I felt like it and it is surprising how they have built up. It has to be said that I get bored with repetition so I felt the sooner this was out of the way the better. When sewing two individual strips together, I always sewed the seams from dark to light and butted the seams so that the bottom one went down and the top one went up. They were pressed carefully and the whole thing went together without problems, because all the seams butted up together throughout the quilt.



              Shades of Liberty 
 
 
 


            Pressed seams


 

             Joining rows 

I was left with a limited palette of medium and light squares and would have had to buy more fabrics if I went on to make a large bed quilt. I am always tempted to do this but need to remind myself that all the beds have quilts on them already so a throw would be a better idea.


         Limited palette

 


            Bed quilt layout





I now have one or two gaps to fill in and then I will call it a day on the size and put it to one side to finish for Gresford next year.

 My daughter lives in the village of Pantymwyn just outside Mold in Flintshire and they have entered the village scarecrow competition. And just for fun this week, I thought I would show you some of the imaginative entries.

                    
          Witch
 
 
 



           Old age pensioner 
 

           Harry Potter





             Duvet day 
 
 


           Mary Poppins




             Black and white cat 
 
 


         Spider





               ?




        Digger driver
 
The last one was done by my daughter, husband and their children and it won them a third prize! Well done Team Anderson!







               King Arthur and Merlin 
 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment