Sunday 1 September 2019

BLOG 459

Blog 459
 I’m sure you know Edvard Munch’s painting ‘The Scream’; well that’s just how I feel this week! Not because I am depressed or bothered or at the end of my tether, but simply because my studio is being revamped. I feel displaced and upheaved … if there is such a word!
 

         The Scream
 
 

            Studio 1
 

              Studio 2
 

 
I need to throw out a filing cabinet that is all but empty and taking up space. I have a small cutting table which is a bit on the high side so that needs to go too. I am sorting through my vast library of quilting books and discarding the ones I don’t need any more.  There are quilting supplies that I haven’t used for years and fabric that I am never going to use. Everything really needs sorting out and it is a job to know where to start!  Instead of piling all my fabric baskets high, they will be in a long line and Himself is going to build a two-tier storage/working surface over the top. Watch this space as they say.
Last week we were staying in Easingwold in Yorkshire with my daughter and husband. We had a lovely time exploring the area; it’s such a lovely county with big skies, rolling moors and plenty of space. In Thirsk we were delighted to see knitted characters mounted on bollards around the town square. These are such fun and make people laugh and smile as they are going about their business. What’s not to like eh? You will see Red Ted on some of the pictures. He is beloved by my Granddaughters and he goes off on adventures and reports back to them.
            Peter Rabbit
 

         Wallace 
 

 
          Rapunzel
 

           Stickman
 

          Princess and the Pea
 

On Friday I attended the Great Northern Quilt Show. It must be 14 years since I have been there and I really enjoyed the experience. I went because I had entered quilts, again for the first time in 14 years and I was glad that I did! I won Best Sampler quilt for ‘Logs in the Sampler’ and Best Art quilt and a Judge’s merit for ‘Cat with Flower Pots’ and I am delighted. My Dolphins caused a lot of interest as well which is always good to see. The Group Quilt also won a Judge’s Merit and there was a lot of laughter from the ladies surrounding it; a quilt making fun of the menopause always has a captive audience at a quilt show!!
 
            A Sampler in the Cabin
 
 

          Cat with Flower pots
 

 
             Dolphins
 

 
Here are some other quilts from the show for your interest. The serviette box will start next week.
 
             13 Elaborate hexagons
 
 



 
          14 Bargello
 

 
              15 Double wedding ring plus
 

                16 Tessellations
 

                17 Sampler quilt
 

               18 Painted surface
 

             19 Log Cabin
 

 
           20 Fabric collage
 
 

             21 A year in houses
 

              22 Dynamic Flying Geese
 

              23 Painted surface
 

             24 Kaffe Fassett fabrics
 
 

              25 Clarice Cliff inspired
 

 
         26 Christmas Sampler
 

 
           27 Optical illusions
 

               28 Child’s quilt
 

            29 Hexagons
 

             30 Machine quilting
 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely photos I am sorry that I missed it maybe next year. Congratulations on the awards

    ReplyDelete