Sunday 22 September 2019

BLOG 462

Blog 462
 
And finally, the Serviette Box is finished! This is going to make a lovely gift for a friend, especially with the robin serviettes that I have chosen to go inside.
 
 
              Serviette box
 
 

            Serviettes
 
And another ‘and finally’, my playroom is up and functioning, hurrah! This is such a comfort to me as I am at my most prolific at this time of year. I have yet to get started mind you but I have no excuse not to now! I also have a beast of a heater now and will not need to wear a coat when I go in there during the winter months!!


      
           Playroom 1
 
 


              Playroom 2
 
At our fortnightly get-togethers at Suzettes, my project has been to sew flowers onto a dissolving medium. As I have quite a collection now I thought it was about time that I did something with them. I dissolved away the medium with hot water and here are the results. This time they are drying on a plastic cutting board and NOT on a paper towel like last time because the paper stuck to the flower and took ages to remove! I left them to dry in the sun on a window sill. I am very pleased with them so far and will probably make another bell-pull type wall strip to hang on the wall when the others are finished. I particularly like the way the shear fabrics add a blush of colour beyond the edges of the thread work.


             Dissolved
 
 


          Drying
 
 


           Foxglove
 
 

              Sunflower
 

              Echinacea
 
 
 


            Nasturtium
 
 
                                                                                                    

           Hyacinth
 

            Potential setting
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment