Sunday 1 December 2019

BLOG 472

Blog 472
At last the church wall hanging is finished! In my mind it represents ‘Faith’.  All I need to do is date and sign it and hand it over for the committee so they can add a suitable label. They can say on that what they particularly want to say but I will be happy and proud to hand it over.
 

 
           Faith wall hanging
 

 
Another project I needed to complete this week was a request for 4 ‘art’ cushions. I have made 5 so that there is an element of choice so I hope the lady concerned chooses some from this collection. They are bright and jolly and involve some complex procedures and a lot of decorative stitching.
 

                   Art cushions
 
Happy December 1st! You know that song ‘It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas’ … well, we have just had the family gathering for our Secret Santa today. I usually host it with a roast lunch during which the granddaughters furtively distribute the Secret Santa sacks. In each sack is a wish list so we just buy for one person and choose from their list with a £40 limit. We have been doing this for 5 years now at the request of our daughters who both have large mortgages to cope with. I can’t tell you how much pressure this takes off Christmas present buying and I heartily recommend it! With other friends, we have chosen to go out for a lovely lunch this year instead of buying presents which suits us all fine. That said, I love the colours and joy of Xmas and to that end the Xmas quilts have started to appear around the house.


 
             Cracker quilt
 

 
              Tree quilt
 

 
            Xmas Stars quilt
 
 


 
              Crisscross quilt
 

 
And I found some lovely window decorations reduced in Matalan. I bought one for each window sill and they add an atmospheric light to the kitchen.
 

 
            Window decoration
 


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment