Sunday 8 November 2020

BLOG 521

 

Blog 521

 

This week I felt I ought to make progress on my collection of luggage labels. I decided to do these many moons ago as a doable weekly project. They were small in size and they gave me the opportunity to try different techniques. The ‘weekly’ part fell by the wayside quite quickly so I felt as if I was always playing catch-up. Now I do them in batches when the mood takes me (often between projects when I am pondering what to do next). I have a book called ‘Inspired to Stitch’ and the idea of working with complementary colours and line came from there.

 
Machine embroidery

 
Progress

Red green label

 
Orange blue label

 
Yellow purple label

 
Colour transfer label

 
Line drawing label

 
Labels

 

And then I homed in on the third of the 3 panels which needed completing and I decided to use the glorious hollyhocks for this. So armed with fabric off-cuts and some inspirational pictures I set about doing it in my usual free and painterly style.

 

 
Panel

Fabric off-cuts

 
Inspirational pictures

 
Flower

 
In situ

 
Machine detail

 
Completed panel

 
Floral trio

 

I am really pleased with these and think that they would look decoratively stunning in the right place in an alcove or beside a door. I am willing to sell them as a triptych or as individual panels so, if you are interested and want more details, get in touch at dilys.fronks@btinternet.com

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

2 comments:

  1. your 3 panel flowers are just stunning. Good to see you are managing to produce work. I find it hard

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Irene
    I can't help but produce work, it's a great comfort in these uncertain times. I'm trying things that Ive always wanted to do but never had the time. All the best for a productive 2021. Dx

    ReplyDelete