Sunday 15 November 2020

BLOG 522

 

Blog 522

 

I have boxes of ready fused Batiks and Bali’s and occasionally I decide that I need to use them, usually when I am between projects. In this example, they have been cut into circles with pinking shears to produce a shaded wash (pointillism). Once trimmed it measured 10½” square and will eventually be used to make the centre for a cushion. Here is the sequence.

 
Stage 1

 
Stage 2

 
Stage 3

 
Stage 4 Rotated

 
Stage 5 Trimmed

 

And once I had started to play with colour I couldn’t help but continue. It did mean preparing lots more fabric with Bondaweb but that preparation stage just saturates me in colour and gets me salivating to start! As I have demonstrated many times in the past on this blog, I prepare squares made from diagonally-placed strips and then stagger them on the design wall. The pics that follow show the sequence so far and reflect a week’s long work of preparing fabric, making and trimming squares (3½”) and then shuffling them on the design wall. At this stage I’m not sure where I am going with this creative endeavour but you should get some idea of scale. As I have been playing with hollyhocks, sunflowers and foxgloves recently, perhaps they may find a place on this back ground. Who knows because I certainly don’t and that for me is the uncertain fun of creativity.  

 
Background 1

 
Background 2 Scale

 
Background 3

Background 4

 
Detail

 
Background 5

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment