Sunday 22 April 2012

BLOG 95


I have also been working on the seascape I covered with voile a couple of weeks ago. Here are a few close-ups of the stitches I have used for texture.








Texture 1





Texture 2










Texture 3

The only problem I have noticed so far is that the voile is moving on top of the strips as I texture the picture. I hope it doesn’t cause too much distortion.

Another good friend celebrated her 60th birthday last week, on the same day as me. She has always rubbed it in that I am 3 years older than she is, so it will be sweet to be able to lump us altogether as ‘in our 60s’ now! Naturally a box was part of the occasion.



 








Janet’s box
At her party last night, I collected signatures for the start of her signature quit. ..Now she is over 60, the dearie will need a quilt to wrap round her arthritic knees (she doesn’t log into my blog so I am safe!). More of that next week.

At last, the makers of the Meer Kat Quilt have managed to get together at the same time as the quilt has been home from competition. We had another Visitor’s Choice win at the Uttoxeter Show.











Jenny, Sue, Barbara, Dilys, Jackie, Liz, Marion, Jennifer, alias Merely Kats


No comments:

Post a Comment