Sunday 16 April 2017

BLOG 343


BLOG 343

I went off at a tangent this week to make more felt houses with my embellisher. I can’t resist the colours of the wools and I feel as though I’m painting when I start to use the fibres. I will be entering a few pictures for sale in a local exhibition and the Rainbow houses will be one of my exhibits.

            Felt palette

                 Original houses

              Mashing fibres
             Adding layers
             Progress

 

I had to press on this week with the commissioned quilt, mainly because I will be away at the end of May so time is getting short. This quilt had to be quilted as a whole cloth quilt which brings its own challenges, mainly that of manoeuvring a large expanse of fabric under the arm of the sewing machine. I chose a free-flowing design with loops and used a variegated thread back and front. This thread was on a large cone and so I had to make sure that it ran freely through the machine by placing the cone directly underneath a bulldog clip which I attached to the spike where the reel usually goes. It worked very well.
              Quilting pattern
            Variegated thread
             Bulldog clip

 And after many hours slumped over the machine, it was quilted, the edge was bound and the border was signed. Phew! This is your two-sided quilt Chris Evans; I hope you like it!
              Quilted front
            Quilted back
              Signature
             Completed front
              Completed back

                                          

2 comments:

  1. No mention of how much you won last week.
    We do a family sweep stake in memory of my father in law, and I won! But my husband puts up the winnings , so at least some of it was kept in the family.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We didn't pick up our winnings till Monday but brought home £120 plus our original stake!!
      See you Thursday to complete the group quilt. Dx

      Delete