Sunday 23 April 2017

BLOG 344


BLOG 344

This week I needed to get a wriggle on and prepare my exhibits for a local exhibition. Called ‘Virgin Art’, it takes place annually in the Church of St Mary Virgin, Mold from 1st to 6th May. I entered framed textiles last year for the first time and sold a couple of pieces so I thought I would enter again this year. The felted houses started to take shape as soon as black stitching was added. Here is the potential layout on a neutral coloured mount board.

            Layout


And here is ‘Rainbow Houses’ framed. (Forgive the quality of the pictures this time; it was difficult to take them behind glass and they are much better than they are shown here!) I stuck each house on its own smaller piece of card before sticking them onto the background card.

                Rainbow houses


I also prepared 2 synthetic pieces which were burned with a soldering iron. To mount them onto background neutral card, I puncture 2 holes at each corner and sew them in place. On the back I cover the stitches with masking tape.

 
            Sewn and masked



               Burning Issues#3
 


             Burning Issues #8

                Burning Issues #9


And my heart swells with pride to show the next picture; this my granddaughter Ella holding her first quilt!!! She had one day with the sharer of the grandchildren when she made the quilt top and this was followed by another day with me when she quilted and bound it. With two grandmothers deeply involved in quilting she doesn’t stand a chance, poor kid!

           Ella’s first Quilt

 

 

2 comments:

  1. Well done Ella, your quilt looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will show her your message Jane, she will be delighted!

    ReplyDelete