Sunday 10 December 2017

BLOG 375


Blog 375
[ 
‘It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas’ tells me what’s round the corner when I see the storage boxes down from the loft. It is starting to build up here at Y Gorlan Plas Onn and it will take a few more days to get it looking just right.

 
                    Boxes


              Bags 
 
              Fireplace  


             Sideboard 

And ‘Let it snow, let I snow, let it snow!’ tells you all you need to know about the time of the year.



               Seasonal weather 
I haven’t been altogether idle this week with a waistcoat to make for Ella who is Maid 3 in ‘Aladdin School’. Katie’s costume as Mary has already been adapted by the sharer of the granddaughters. Well done Jackie!


This week I have completed all the Wedding Stars; it was something I needed to do so I could put them away until the New Year and concentrate on the preparations for Christmas.



                Wedding stars 
There is another project that is progressing slowly, day by day. One of my daughters is going through a bad patch at the moment. When she received her diagnosis, I said to her ‘When life deals you scraps, you make a quilt!’ I vaguely hoped that she might start sewing but instead she took up felting! Successfully too.




 
           Tessa’s robin


 
So I will continue with my proposed project and make a 4” patch for every day that she is ill, just to see what can come out of it. Here are the August patches at the start of the project. They are made using a positive/negative technique, the subject of my last book, and I will change the motif  and colourway every month.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment