Tuesday 19 June 2018

BLOG 400

BLOG 400
Fancy missing my 400th posting!! I had imagined a drum roll and trumpets blasting but alas, there was nothing much to say after an exceptionally busy week of sewing! How can that be? you might ask. Well, most of what I sewed was repetitive and didn’t bear repeating for my blog. I was trying to catch-up on my Gresford exhibits and to do that, I had to concentrate on finishing off items, working to the last minute to get them done. Phew! On Monday, a dedicated group of stalwarts spent most of the day from 8:30 am onwards preparing the church, receiving exhibits, labelling them all and then arranging them into pleasing displays; that’s what takes the time. At the end of the show on Friday, it will take us less than an hour to dismantle it all, ready to be collected!!
 
The 4 colourful cushions did materialise (excuse the pun) by the end of the week, taking lots of patience and application! Rather than bind them, I zipped the backs and turned them through.


            Decorative stitches
 

             Construction
 

                  Completed cushion
 

The other preparation I needed to do was add temporary sleeves to the backs of the quilts. These I just tacked into place for easy removal after the show. Next week there will be a quilt show to report on!
 

            Hanging strip
 

This Saturday, I am doing the ‘Pretty Muddy 5km run’ at Tatton Park for breast cancer. Now the word ‘run’ is a bit misleading, we tend to wind up to a jog when we see members of the public but mainly we walk around chatting and getting filthy! It is great fun and this year we are’ running’ for my daughter Tess, pictured below with me and (the sharer of the grandchildren) Jackie. It took ages to get the mud out of all the crevices!!!!
                 Mud run 2017
 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment