Sunday 6 September 2020

BLOG 512

 

Blog 512

 

I didn’t quite make the promised progress on the ’still life with daffodils’ this week. We have had MEN in, doing the guttering, facia boards and drainpipes for the last 3 weeks and it is amazing how disruptive I have found this. Tools and supplies and scaffolding were delivered and they all had to be stacked and stored. There was sawing and grinding and rasping and banging and hammering going on all day, not to mention the endless cups of tea and home-baked snacks that had to be provided!! The job has been well worth it though. It means no more maintenance for us in the future and it has added a pleasing line of definition all around the roof of our property.

Here’s the progress I managed to make. I sewed the base strip to the background and placed it onto wadding to quilt it first before adding any detail.


Quilted background

 

Although the background gives enough of a painterly effect, this is why I chose it after all, I felt I wanted to add more depth and this I did by trying out some sheer fabrics. At this stage it is just a whim and I may change my mind somewhere along the line!

 
Daffodils

 
Sheers

 
Sheers and daffodils

 

I decided I didn’t have sufficient daffodils so I cut out some more on my lap tray in front of the TV (it’s the log fire that makes me want to sit down in front of it and enjoy it!)  I used the reverse of the tray so that shapes didn’t slip about.  


 
More daffodils

 

And here is the log burner; isn’t it cosy.  Chivers (24) and Willow (16) know exactly where to sit, although in this instance Chivers has pinched Willow’s bed and he cares not a jot!!

 
That’s my bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment