Sunday 13 September 2020

BLOG 513

 

Blog 513

 

I got distracted this week with another sample picture that has been on my design wall for many months. This is what it used to look like and I decided to have a play with it to see how I could develop it.


 
Bear

 

At some stage in the past I had added extra lines of definition with black ink (round the eyes and along the muzzle!) but the process hadn’t given the effect that I had hoped for. I was aiming for a pen and wash effect but the ink just seeped into the fabric and gave a line which was too solid and clumsy. So this sample was going nowhere and it gave me the excuse to play! The first thing I did was to add a layer of painted fusible, followed by a layer of sheers and then I added more stitch.

 
Bear with fusible

 
Bear with sheers

 
Progress

 
Stitch detail

 
Completed sample

 

And the outcome …? This sample is still going nowhere but it has provided me with the means for exploration. By adding the extra layers, I think there is more colour and depth to the piece (although it is still spoiled by those ink lines!!) The overall effect is one of warmth and I think there are many possibilities here for me to extend this process into my present creative endeavours!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment