Sunday 2 July 2017

BLOG 352


BLOG 352

And what do I do now? I have spent so long, hours, days, weeks and months, working my way towards the Gresford show that everything seems a bit flat now. This just goes to confirm what I have always suspected: that I am happier if I am working on a project. So, what do you do when you are at a loose end? You start to rummage in your fabrics to see what you can find.

It is a while since I pulled out my basket of Liberty fabrics and it proved to be a rich source of UFOs.

              Liberty fabrics

 I found several mini log cabin sampler blocks. These are 6 ½” finished squares and consist of 4-patch, 9-patch, 12-patch and 16-patch blocks. Seeing them laid out on the floor has renewed my enthusiasm for this project once again.

              Mini sampler

                Close up


I also found many 3 ½” squares made up of stripped triangles which were the start of some project long forgotten. Perhaps a Linus quilt will come from these.

            Squares

            Dark and light

I also found 4 larger squares made of stripes for who knows what project. So my first task will be to make sense of the Liberty fabrics and get them out of my system.

                 Strips


The Gresford Show made £6,941. 64p this year, our best total yet. But we still haven’t broken that £7000 barrier, perhaps next time. The kitchen took £2927:50 and entrance payments £2598: 00. The money will be distributed amongst our chosen charities for the year. Well done all!!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment